Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When I Didn't Say Goodbye

I went to a going away party Sunday. I didn't expect to cry to much, I don't like crying in front of people and normally I keep it in pretty well. But I cried. I cried so hard my head hurt. I cried till my eyes were dry and my contacts became foggy. I cried harder than I have in months, and I couldn't stop. I wanted to say something nice, I wanted to say something encouraging, but all my words got lost in tears and what came out made little sense. I talk a lot, I write a lot, I always use words to express, but Sunday words failed me, they were drowned in tears. Your heart can ache, your lips can move, but what happens when the words die and your standing in front of hundreds of people? Or in front of just one or two? When you hold them tight, when you cry until it hurts, when your words fail. When there's to much to say. When you have to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment