Friday, February 11, 2011

Paradox

Life has felt like such a paradox lately; pulling two ways, contradicting in every way. Sunshine and cold, happiness and sadness, laughter and tears, love and hurt, stress and relaxation, spring trying to break in while winter still grasps for more. New life in my little nephew a couple days ago and the death of my grandma last night. Young and old, death and life, hope and uncertainty. But in the middle of all this I can say " it is well," for he is my rock and my salvation, my hope and strong deliverer. He never fails, he is constant and unchanging, he is good, he is powerful, and his mercies are new every day.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Nessie! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, I found it was different for me to deal with my Grandpa's death in January in that it seems somewhat natural at that age, I guess you could say it's expected. They have lived a long life and worked hard, where it was extremely difficult when my cousin died at age 23 in 2000 and then his dad died in 2003 at about age 50. They have not lived a "full" life. I hope you are doing ok with it there by yourself. We will pray for you :)
    CONGRATS auntie on your new nephew! Hope you get to go visit them soon and see that precious baby, you can just stare at them while they sleep and they don't know or care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carrie! I'm doing good. and I get to see little Titus James over spring break for a couple days! YAY! seriously can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete